Sunday, March 8, 2009

Still at home but not for long...


Juliana is doing fantastic at home. She actually grew about half a pound in the last week. She enjoys her physical therapy each week and overall is just amazing. She is spending more time awake and socializing. She went to the eye doctor last Thursday and all seems stable for her right eye which is our only hope right now as the left retina is completely detatched. We have really adjusted to life with her home, but it will all be changing when she goes in for surgery. The last time we spoke with her surgeon he felt that she would be ready for surgery in April. With the way she has been progressing I think he is probably right.


As much as she needs to have this surgery to get her gut back to normal (or close to normal), I am dreading having to go back to the hospital and deal with all the after effects of surgery. The all over swelling from anesthesia, the pain meds that make her drowsy, waiting for the stitches to heal, starting feeds all over again, dealing with nurses who think they know my child better than I do, etc. I just can't get it out of my mind. I just wish we could fast forward from the time of her surgery til the day she is discharged. I am just going to be an emotional wreck during that whole time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'll be praying for you. I know what you mean about hospitals. My daughter was hospitalized 3 times last year for pneumonia and it's been 9 months since the last time and I literary still have nightmares about it. Just passing by the hospitals makes me sad. I HATE HOSPITALS. But just take this day by day and it will be fine. You are a wonderful mother! By the way, Juliana looks AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Juliana Maria was born on July 12, 2008. She is a micro preemie born at 1lb 2oz. 11-1/2 in 23 weeks and 4 days gestational age.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers