Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Extubated Again!!!

Juliana has been extubated again. Yeah!! She is now on CPAP which to me is a major upgrade. The ventilator is no longer giving Juliana breaths. It simply supplies constant pressure to keep the air ways open. Juliana has to do all the work. Yesterday she had her new broviac line put in so she is now receiving more nutrition from her TPN. The plan is to get an upper GI study done again so that the Doctors at Children's can see what she has going on in her intestines. Even though she had one done at Yale I think it is great that we will get a second opinion. After the study the doctors will determine if she is ready to start feeds through her belly. I am so anxious to get it done but it's best to wait a few days to see how Juliana handles the CPAP and if she may even move on to high flow nasal cannula. I also have to keep in the back of my mind that this may not be a permanent move as it was done only about an hour ago, but I really think she will handle it just fine as her vent settings have been so low over the last few days. We are rollilng right along and I can't wait till Friday when we can lay out an actual plan for Juliana coming home. I am sure it will still be months from now but just to set a course of action and some goals is a big step for us.

Now for some more pics of Juliana....



My Halloween Costume... A Pink Peanut M&M.
Wrapped up tight so I don't pull out my tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Juliana Maria was born on July 12, 2008. She is a micro preemie born at 1lb 2oz. 11-1/2 in 23 weeks and 4 days gestational age.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers