Monday, November 17, 2008

"Preemie Steps to Baby Steps"

Very early in our NICU adventure a nurse told us we would be taking "preemie steps" throughout our days in the NICU. Boy was she right. Since that day this has become my motto. It's always been preemie steps forward and then big giant baby steps back. Now I am actually feeling like we are taking baby steps. Still not very big ones but none the less they are steps in the right direction. Juliana has done a fantastic job with her feeds. She is up to 4.5 cc per hour continuous and so far has not started to dump. I feel like I am waiting for something bad to happen as that is the usually pattern but I am happy that my fears have not come true. Juliana is doing better than I ever expected.

Thanks as always for your prayers and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Juliana Maria was born on July 12, 2008. She is a micro preemie born at 1lb 2oz. 11-1/2 in 23 weeks and 4 days gestational age.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers